Wednesday 4 February 2009

Peyote Necklace





This necklace is from Bead and Button Issue89(February 09). I have generally done peyote using delicas, but was impressed with the more flowing feel of the seed stitch peyote. Instead of a cabochon, which seemed too large, I used a 1.6 rivoli, and started with 42 delicas for the initial row. The setting is a little loose, and 40 might be enough. I used the suggestions from Laura McCabe cabochon chart available on her website. Because the really small charlottes are not available in Canada as far as I can find, instead of them I just skipped a slot on every other peyote stitch. This produced a good zigzag pattern. I also sewed the embellished rivoli to the background peyote piece as I prefer to avoid glue and use stitching where possible.

No comments: