Sunday 14 October 2007

Pendant a la Takako Samejima


I love the books by Takako Samejima from Japan, although they are challenging technically. In particular, most use 2 needle technique, which I have found fairly challenging. I did find a tutorial at bead-patterns.com in which some tips are explained for manipulating the 2 needles. (Pattern 10383 by Chris Prussing). Bead-patterns.com is a great site if you haven't seen it, and all patterns are downloadable immediately after payment.

This pendant was adapted from an earring pattern on page 34 of bead fantasies. I used glass perals and swarovskis, and number 10 seed beads. I have made a few of these for little gifts to give my daughter Tegan and my son's girlfriend Liana. They are quick to work up and look great on any small link chain.
There are 4 Bead Fantasy books, all available on Amazon or Chapter's.

The bail is just ladder stitch with 2 bead rows, then go back with number 15's and add a small picot of three beads.

No comments: