Saturday 19 January 2008

Easy Necklace


This is a necklace from a pattern on the internet at http://membres.lycos.fr/perlesenchantees/gothika-gb.htm
I made it for my son's girlfriend Liana. It is really easy and can be varied considerably. I used czech seed beads and 4mm firepolish beads. Liana is a professional musician and has to dress up for concerts, so hopefully she can wear it!!
I love making fancy necklaces, but in our casual lifestyle today they are not always easy to wear.
The new book Mastering Beadwork by Carol Cypher has an idea that I find useful, it is to have a mantra that reminds you of the pattern. The mantra for this necklace was "4 on top, skip one, 5 on bottom, skip one". I am finding that writing this on th pattern sheets really helps when there is a gap between when I start something and the next time I work on it.

No comments: