Wednesday 30 December 2009

A Little Triangle of Fun


I absolutely love the designs of Cynthia Rutledge, so was very pleased to see the article in the December / January Beadwork and the patterns for the cascading links bracelet (p. 81). I did not have the faceted zirconia beads nor the gold drops, but wanted to try the pattern, so I just adapted to what I could find in my stach (which is getting big enough for me to start my own bead store!). So, I made a little motif, then decided it would be a sweet little thing on a delica triangle base. I used a 8 mm pearl for the centre, the colour was not perfect, but ok for this little motif. I will try this pattern again with a faceted stone centre. I hope I can go to one of Cynthia's workshops some day when she is closer than the west coast.

Anyway, this is a really quick little tidbit, good for when you need a quick gift. I ended up finding some more drops in the local bead store, but hope I can eventually find some in my favourite 22L bronze colour which I love and which makes a great goldtone neutral.

3 comments:

Las Creaciones de Boricua said...

Very pretty!!!!

Bev at Bimbark said...

Happy New Year Shelley.
Love the Little Triangle of Fun. You have used some of my favorite colours.
"Auntie" Bev

Karin said...

This is the first time I've visited your blog. I love the way you adapted Cynthia's technique! I was lucky enough to attend her class in Atlanta in December. Hope you get the opportunity soon.