Monday 20 August 2012

My beaded bead kick continues...

I'm still on a beaded bead kick, and here are a few of my latest.  In the first picture the round beads are an adaptation of La Boulette by Flymouche, available on her lovely blog: Flyblog .  It is very difficult to get exactly the right size wooden beads, so I find I have to adapt and sometimes add a couple extra rows.  I usually end up putting a bead cap or other bead to cover the hole, so it is really not that critical to cover the end completely.  Having said that, it is also important not to crowd the beads too much, or you get bulging.
The starburst is a new pattern by Cathy Lampole called Flower Power, available on her blog:  That Bead Lady . This pattern went together quite nicely, and it is quick, so I think these would make great gifts. It is really fun to vary the embellishment.  I made two different version of this in about an hour. I'm not sure what I will make with these, but I am learning that if you make the beaded beads in a common colour palette there is hope that they wont sit permanently in a jar on my bead shelf!

The next batch is a design by Puca, Les Perles de PUCA a link to where to purchase the pattern, a site called Dawanda is on her blog.  Puca has some really interesting designs.  I also purchased her pattern for a pin cushion (porte aiguille) and it is darling.  I'm not happy with the form I made it on, so I will post it when I have refined it. These round beads were on 20mm wooden beads, and went together really easily.  They are a little larger, so I think they will each be a focal bead on a necklace.  Stay tuned to see what I end up making!



No comments: